Consumer behavior has changed radically in recent years and more and more people are fond of online shopping. Instagram Shopping is a clear example of success.
If brands were already betting on the dissemination of their products through social media, today they don’t miss the opportunity to captivate the users and lead them to purchase, often without having to leave the app.
What is Instagram Shopping?
Instagram is a social media platform of the Meta Group, also the owner of Facebook. Initially created to share photos, the entry of major brands into this network turned out to be a turning point.
Selling and buying through Instagram is a growing possibility for brands and users. If your company is on this network and is not ready to sell online, you may be missing out great opportunity to see your business grow.
Can you imagine that every person with a smartphone can be your potential customer? More and more companies are taking a ride on this social network to reach a growing number of people worldwide.
Betting on this resource has allowed many brands to expand their business with fewer expenses than in a physical store.
With Instagram Shopping, brands can post photos of their products and tag them with links. These direct the visitor to another page where they can “learn more” and continue until the item is purchased.
A process very similar to a conventional online store: it presents the product, and the price and directs the purchase on the brand’s website. The big difference is that your store is in a catalog, displayed on an equal footing with the others. The user doesn’t need to know the brand in advance to have access to the products.
How does an Instagram shop work?
The business profile on Instagram is visually similar to a personal page. It’s up to the brand to think and create an appealing image and content for those who visit it.
In each published photo, the account manager can identify the products, in the same way as to identify people in a personal account. In other words, it places a “tag” or “label” with the name of the product and the price. The user, by clicking on the link, goes directly to another page with more information.
With the image open, it is also noticeable a bar at the bottom of the photo with the indication “see store”.
The user can also “save” the article to view it later or share the link with someone else. All this in an immersive, intuitive journey without having to leave the app!
Once completed, the shopping bag icon automatically appears in the upper left corner of the image. We can thus understand that publication is commercial and has more associated information.
You can also add a link to the store in stories.
What are the advantages of this feature?
We can list a number of advantages of using Instagram Shopping in your business. Evaluate each one and decide if this is the way to reach a greater number of visitors to your store.
- At Instagram Shopping, anyone is a potential customer. The app generates a bigger flow of visitors and increases the possibility of buying or sharing.
- Your potential customer can follow the buyer journey without leaving Instagram. This simplifies your experience.
- Can lead the customer to purchase through posts or pages that do not lead to the end of the task in the link in the bio.
- If you already have a physical store, this is a resource to sell more, boost the brand, and position it in the digital market. It can reach a greater number of people, 24 hours a day, and sell at any time.
- One of the great advantages of Instagram Shopping is that it allows your product to be found by any user, even if they don’t follow your page. This is possible through the “search” and “store” tabs that appear in the app. The user can thus, anytime, and anywhere, take a tour of a series of stores and buy without having to move.
Who can have an account on Instagram Shopping?
If you sell physical products from the start, you can think about creating a store in this network. The following criteria are:
- Your business must be on the supported markets list;
- Meet all Facebook requirements;
- Be present on the network through a professional or content creator account linked to the Facebook account;
- Offer guarantees of reliability and a domain from which the sale is carried out;
- Follow the network’s best practices.
Did you learn more about Instagram Shopping? If you want to receive more tips on how to boost your business, subscribe to the Link&Grow blog. We can help you grow your brand digitally!
Subscribe to the blog
Follow the news directly in your inbox.